Q. Where are you located?
A. We are located at 788 North State Road 434 in Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. We are in between Sand Lake Road and S.R. 436 in Periwinkle Center Plaza, near the Pool Shack, across from 5/3 Bank. Click here for a map of our location. If you are still having trouble finding us, please call us at (407) 644-8787 and we can further assist you.
Q. What are your hours of operation
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo is open 6 days a week to better serve you.
Tuesday thru Sunday: 12 (Noon) until 8 pm. We are closed on Mondays. If you call during business hours and we don't answer the phone, it's because we are working on a client. Leave a message and we will call you as soon as we can.
Q. What forms of payment do you accept?
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo accepts cash, Debit, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and Hurts So Good Gift Certificates (available in any denomination!) Sorry, no checks or trades.
Q. Do you have a piercer on staff?
A. No, unfortunately Hurts So Good Tattoo does not offer piercing services, nor do we sell any jewelry. We are unable to assist with any kind of jewelry removal.
Q. How much do tattoos cost?
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo has a shop minimum of $60, and generally charge $120 an hour for multiple session pieces. If the tattoo can be done in one sitting, we may charge a flat rate for the piece. If you wish to make an appointment (which is recommended), we require a $120 deposit to hold the appointment/draw artwork.
Q. How do I make an appointment?
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo tries to accept walk-ins, but if you are short on time, or require a drawing to be rendered, we recommend stopping in to make an appointment. When you come in to the shop, you will have a consultation with the artist of your choice, where you will go over placement, size, and any details of the custom tattoo. A $120 non-refundable deposit (paid in full for small tattoos costing less than $120) will be taken at the time of the consultation. This deposit holds your appointment time, and will come off the price of the tattoo (not in addition to the price!) when you come in for your appointment. Once the drawing is complete, additions or subtractions can be made per the client's request. We want you to love your tattoo, so don't be afraid to speak up. Changes can be made on paper, but not on skin!
Q. What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
A. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call with at least 48 hours notice, or your deposit will be forfeited. If you are a No-Call, No-Show on the day of your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited. If you reschedule more than twice with at least 48 hours notice, your deposit will be forfeited. Please plan on making your tattoo appointment when you are positive you are available. If you are unsure when you are available for your appointment, you can leave a deposit and call us when you know your schedule and are able to book a definite time. Appointments CANNOT be made without a deposit. If you are from out of the area and wish to set up an appointment, please call or email the shop. Call (407) 644-8787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Do you tattoo minors?
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo will tattoo minors as young as 16 years of age, with parental consent. You must come in and get our Minor Tattoo Form that you will need to get notarized before you can get tattooed. The parent or guardian that is represented on the notary form MUST BE PRESENT the day of the tattoo to fill out our Consent Form, too. A government issued ID is required of both the parent/guardian and the minor wishing to get tattooed. If the minor does not possess a government issued State ID or equivalent, we will accept the minor's birth certificate (or a certified copy with seal) AND a picture student ID with names matching that on the birth certificate. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule, and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Q. How do you recommend healing my tattoo?
A. There are several ways to heal a tattoo, so if you have been getting tattooed for years, and this is not what you are doing to heal your tattoos, there is no need to jump ship if your method is working. This is what we recommend for people who have never had a tattoo before, or for people who are not happy with their current healing methods.
* Wash tattoo twice a day (or whenever you are finished working, exercising, etc.). Your tattoo is a controlled abrasion, so it is important to keep it clean by washing it with a fragrance free antibacterial soap (Dial is a good one). Be gentle! Only use your fingers, and don't rub your tattoo harshly.
* Let your tattoo completely air dry (or use paper towels to dry). Never use your bath towel, as it has a higher bacteria content, and can leave lint in your healing tattoo.
* After your tattoo is dry, apply an appropriate amount of fragrance free dry skin lotion (Curel, Lubriderm, or Aveeno are good examples). Make sure all of the lotion is completely rubbed in. Feel free to apply frequently, but please remember to wash your hands before applying the lotion. Medicated products are NOT RECOMMENDED! Please only use what you see listed here. If you experience any irritation, apply lotion LESS frequently.
* Your tattoo will take approximately 2 weeks to heal (some take less time, and some take more time). It will go through an ugly stage where it starts to flake and peel, and possibly scab up in some areas. THIS IS NORMAL. Some people experience redness and swelling for a couple days after the tattoo is done. This is just your body doing what it needs to do to heal your tattoo. Keep it clean, and DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO! If you pick, you can possibly scar up your skin and lose color/shading.
Q. What things should I avoid during the healing process?
A. There are several things you should avoid during the healing of your new tattoo.
* No pools, lakes, oceans, etc. (Showering and cleaning your tattoo is the only time your new tattoo should be in water) Ignoring this rule can lead to ugly infections, and tattoos that don't heal properly. * Sun Exposure is a no-no the first two weeks of healing. Your skin is very sensitive to heat and cold at this time, and sun exposure can damage your new tattoo. After your tattoo is healed, sun block will help protect it from fading from sun exposure * If your new tattoo requires a touch up after it is healed, we will be more than happy to do this for you free of charge, as long as the touch up is within 3 months of the date you received the tattoo.
* DO NOT REBANDAGE your tattoo, unless directed by your tattoo artist to do so. Your tattoo needs to be exposed to fresh air to promote healing.
Q. Is there anyone you WILL NOT tattoo?
A. Hurts So Good Tattoo is a professional and open-minded tattoo shop that treats clients equally, regardless of sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation. Hurts So Good Tattoo retains the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not tattoo you if you are visibly under the influence of any alcohol or drugs.
If there is a question you have and we haven't answered it yet, feel free to send us an email and we'll answer it as fast as we can. email@example.com